Nanjing Government Scholarship of International Students was established by Nanjing Municipal Government in 2013 to attract and encourage outstanding international students to conduct studies and research at universities in Nanjing.
Undergraduate student: CNY 10,000 per academic year
Graduate student: CNY 20,000 per academic year.
II Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health and friendly to China.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government and meet the requirements of admission to NAU.
3. Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma and be under the age of 28.
Applicants for master's degree programs must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
4. Applicants must have a good learning attitude and a good academic record of the highest degree：CGPA 3.0 or above（out of 4）for graduate program applicants; an average score 70 or above (out of 100) for undergraduate program applicants. No violation of school rules and regulations.
5. Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
6. Applicants who have obtained HSK certificate or other certificate for Chinese language proficiency or Chinese language study can enjoy the priority of this scholarship. Special considerations are allowed for applicants who apply for English-medium programs.
III Application Time
March 1 to July 15 every year.
IV Application Documents
1. Application Form of Nanjing Government Scholarship filled in English or in Chinese. The form can be downloaded from the website: https://gjwhjlxy.nau.edu.cn/2016/1229/c7263a78219/page.htm
2. Highest diploma / degree certificate (notarized photocopy). Prospective diploma recipients must provide a Certificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they are studying in. A Certificate of Employment is required if the applicant is currently working. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
5. Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors of the university where the applicants graduated from.
6. The HSK certificate or other Chinese study or proficiency certificate shall be provided if available.
7. Valid documents of legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18).
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy).The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. The copy of TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) Certificate (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught programs).
10. Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
11. A Bank Statement with the deposit amount of no less than the total amount of tuition, dormitory and living expenses at NAU. It shall be in the name of applicant himself/herself, mother, father, or other guardians.
12. Non-criminal record.
13. Other supporting materials (if available, such as certificates of awards and training, etc.).
V Application Method
Applicants shall log onto NAU Online Application System for International Students (http://apply.nausie.cucas.cn), register an applicant account, fill in personal information and upload required application documents. Please select the program of “Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship”.
VI Scholarship Confirmation
1. NAU will review application documents and admit qualified applicants.
2. NAU will send the admission documents to scholarship recipients before July 1.
3. Scholarship recipients shall not change their field of study or duration of study unless they give up the grant. Tuition fees must be paid during the registration days and scholarship awards will be given to students during that academic year.
4. Scholarship recipients shall attend the annual review according to NAU’s Measures on Annual Review of Government Scholarships at the end of each academic year. Students who pass the annual review can continue to enjoy the scholarship. For those who fail to pass the annual review, the scholarship will be canceled.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline.
International Students’ Office, School of International Exchange, Nanjing Audit University
Address: No.86 West Yushan Road, Pukou District, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, P.R.C., 21815